Recently I put out a public call to help me craft the Pizza Pig-out menu for this Friday. Invitees and the Philly food blogger community responded with some creative suggestions, some of which blur the line between daring (adj.) and daring (v.). Here are the first five contenders. What would you choose?
- Pickles, port, grapes, and gorgonzola. Suggested by Wendy Kirby of La Phemme Phoodie
- Pulled pork w/mango BBQ sauce, kalua pork, pineapple, red onion, and goat cheese (grilled to finish). Suggested in collaboration by 22ndandPhilly and InSearchofBeer
- Black & tan BBQ chicken w/dark beer BBQ and lager marinated chicken. Suggested by InSearchofBeer
- “I’ve made a Caramelized onion, potato, rosemary, tallegio cheese pizza before…” - Lindsay, posted on the Them Dinners Evite guest list
- “Earth Bread and Brewery does this awesome Seed Pizza. It has pine nuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, olive oil, roasted garlic, red pepper flakes, and mozzarella. I can bring the seeds if you are game for trying this. I will bring a bottle of red wine too.” - Sarah, posted on the Them Dinners Evite guest list
Five more great suggestions tomorrow, including a dessert pizza!